Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Tom Waits and Me

Those of you who know me personally or work with me know that I have developed something of a Tom Waits habit over the last few months, and those of you who are married to me (hi Toots) know that if you ask me to put on some music for dinner it is going to be Tom Waits. Every time.
For my friends, this just means that I will talk about Tom Waits at length if you show even the slightest interest, and if you are my wife it means that you are the most forbearing woman on the planet and I love you.

All of which is to say that the music of Tom Waits speaks to me in ways that no other music ever has, and the power of his songs doesn't diminish with repeated listening (and believe you me, I have been listening repeatedly). More to come...

No comments: