Saturday, September 26, 2009

Movie Review: THE INFORMANT


I'll be brief: THE INFORMANT isn't very good. It's not that it's bad,it's just that it's not very good. It is, quite frankly, boring. There are a few nice touches here and there, from the 1970's score by Marvin Hamlisch and Matt Damon's increasingly delusional narration, but overall there just wasn't much to keep me interested. The movie didn't really take off until the last fifteen minutes, and then I wished that the whole movie had been about those last fifteen minutes. I give Steven Soderbergh full marks for being consistently inventive, but no one hits a homerun every time.

2 comments:

Rebecca said...

It was a fun date though... :)

J&E said...

I felt the same way, but I was okay with the last 25-30 minutes as what was happening was becoming clearer.

It wasn't nearly as funny as the previews made it seem like, and the film was rather segmented, but overall I think the story worked okay, but the film didn't.

I do have to give it props for weighing in at only 1 hour 30 minutes.